|Version 5 (modified by wymsy, 8 years ago)|
GetHtml is a replacement for the getHTML() function in htmlarea.js. It offers several improvements over the original, including:
- Produces valid XHTML code
- Formats code in HTML view in indented, readable format.
- Much faster than HTMLArea.getHTML()
- Eliminates many hacks to accomodate browser quirks
- Returns correct code for Flash objects and scripts
- Preserves formatting inside script and pre tags
It is provided as a plugin to make installation and comparisons between the plugin and the original easy. The intention is eventually to make this a permanent part of htmlarea.js, in place of the original function.
GetHtml was developed by Nelson Bright and is under htmlArea license. It is based on the XML_Utility functions submitted by troels_kn in Ticket #253. He gives credit also to adios, who helped with the regular expressions: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201052