Opened 9 years ago

Closed 11 months ago

#1476 closed defect (fixed)

Plugin spellchecker find wrong words with french accents - Ticket #120 Continued

Reported by: guest Owned by: gogo
Priority: normal Milestone: 2.0
Component: Xinha Core Version: trunk
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Hello, I'm using Xinha 0.95 with the SpellChecker? plugin in a web based CMS called Bricolage. Bricolage uses UTF-8 as default encoding for all it's HTML pages. My Linux install has the UTF-8 set, too.
When spellckecking Spanish texts, words get truncated before special characters (accented wovels mainly). I've noticed the same problem addressed in a previous ticket (#120). A solution was provided an implemented. The problem is that I still experience this problem with recent versions of Xinha. I've set the conversion to entities to "false", but the script still converts utf-characters to HTML-entities. I think the offending lines are in the if-block that applies the conversion in "spell-check-logic.php". The "!isset($_REQUESTutf8_to_entitis?)" evaluates always to true, and the conversion is being carried out by default.

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by gogo

  • Milestone changed from 0.96 to 2.0

Spell checking probably needs a rewrite.

comment:2 Changed 11 months ago by gogo

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

[1351] Moves SpellChecker? to unsupported_plugins, it's not practical to use it any longer unless you have total control of your hosting.

[1352] The ContextMenu? plugin is slightly improved to display the browser's context menu and thus it's spelling suggestions when it looks like it might have been a context menu for a misspelled word. This works VERY well in Chrome, and acceptably in Firefox (double click the word then open context menu). IE's spell checking is broken for me, with or without Context Menu it just doesn't do anything (Tools > Add Ons Spelling Correction, enable checkbox ticked, Get More Spelling Dictionaries, choose to install english, set default, close, reload IE, still doesn't work...). I don't care a whole bunch about that, it doesn't BREAK anything, IE just doesn't do spell checking even though it is supposed to, there seem to be plenty of reports of that.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.